- For professional or program travel occurring July 1st - October 31st.
MAIN Travel Funding Request AY 2017/18 (CLOSED as of 9/1/2017)
- For professional or program travel occurring November 1st - June 30th.
Important Travel Information
- All university-related travel must be approved prior to departure, even if the travel does not involve additional expense to the state; i.e., reimbursement expense beyond the salary of the person traveling (zero-cost travel).
- Prior travel authorization must be obtained inorder to account for official travel, insure class are covered (if applicable), and to insure that employees are protected under the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
- Travelers are responsible for submitting the signed travel authorization form, and supporting documents (if applicable) back to the College Office for review, approval and processing.
- The College Personnel Analyst will prepare the official travel authorization form for all College-funded authorized travel only.
- The College asks that travel authorization forms and supporting documents be received at least two (2) weeks before departure for national travel and three (3) weeks for international travel.
- Employees traveling without obtaining prior approval may not be reimbursed for travel expenses and may, under certain circumstances, be considered as absent without official leave.
- Assembly Bill No. 1887, which bans state-funded and state-sponsored travel to states with discriminatory laws, is California’s way to taking action to avoid supporting or financing discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. This regulation includes the following eight states at this time: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee and Texas.
For more information on this regulation, please visit: https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887.
- CSU travel policy mandates that a travel expense claim be submitted within 30 days of returning from travel has received funding for university-related travel.
- The College Personnel Analyst will prepare the official travel expense claim form for reimbursement of travel expenses for all College-funded authorized travel only.
- Travelers are responsible for submitting all required receipts to the College for processing of the travel expense claim and for reimbursement.
- The College asks that all required receipts be received in the College Office for processing at least two (2) weeks after return from travel.
- Requesting revisions to approved and submitted travel expense claims to add Department funding after travel is complete is strongly discouraged. Approval of such revisions will require justification by the Department Chair.