Welcome to the College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences!
The College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences is an artistic, creative, and intellectual community. It is conceived as an equitable partnership of staff, faculty, and students devoted to teaching, learning, and creative endeavors. The many fields within the College provide the greatest breadth for service, creative engagement, and professional opportunity within a diverse and changing society.
The objectives of the College include:
- To educate students to develop a responsible philosophy and professional code of behavior within their areas of study and as creative members of society.
- To foster excellence in language, conceptual, expressive, and problem solving abilities within and across the disciplines of the University.
- To foster interdisciplinary, intercultural, and international links where appropriate among the programs in the College.
- To present and respect alternative viewpoints and a diversity of traditions within an open atmosphere of inquiry and learning.
- To achieve the highest quality educational programs with methodological, informational, and technological currency.